INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 16, 2011

All new for me!

When I sit to do a LO I generally have gotten an idea from something I saw, a magazine advert, a scrapbooking book or something I saw on a blog.  I have never entered or joined in a Challenge blog or card challenge blog even, not that I had any ideas pre-set ideas about them, just always had other things I wanted to do and probably was limited by time.

For a long time I have been keeping up with a blog by a girl called Nadia Cannizzo, and OMG her work is so amazing and I just drool over her LO's and the use of the flowers and layers.  I probably have a little scrappers crush on her work! (and a little bit of envy of her talent - blush!).  Anyway - She recently set up a challenge blog 'Once upon a Sketch' and I have looked for the last few weeks and never thought to do a LO, but the last few nights I had both the time and the interest to have a go at something just for me and  played along.


This is the sketch that Nadia put up and after looking at it, I realised that I had 3 photos of my little one that I had taken during one of our painting sessions.  I am a clever mom and I let them paint in their jammies and when they have painted 20 or more sheets of paper with cups and cups of paint, I bundle them up and plonk them in the bath, really there is not much more you can do and they just get the paint everywhere!  Lea's sister had finished painting and gone off to clean herself up a little and Lea still painted and I took the opportunity to snap these natural photos of her and I love them.  I had a package of papers on my desk, from My Minds Eye - Alphabet Soup and I decided to start cutting and see where I went with it.

  Normally my scrapping style is organised and straight, neat and tidy.  This LO is not any of these things, but I had to embrace the messy nature of the photos and get with the spirit of the LO (Big excuse!! My sewing machine was having a huge temper tantrum and I struggled with it the whole way - it nearly went in the bin when I saw the mess that it made of the outside ruffled edge, but then I just went with the messy style and tried to embrace it!).

So there ya go!  Distressed edges, rolled paper, not perfect ruffles, yucky sewing, but it all works with the style of the photos - I hope.......

Nite all! Michelle

20 comments:

Bellaidea said...

very cute layout and funny photos :)

Trudi Harrison said...

Oh what a delightful take on the sketch. The distressing, layering and stitching are fantastic. Those photo's are just absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Irma said...

Art is play and play oftentime results in art ;)
Lovely page and great photos!
Thank you so much for joining our challenge!
Irma

Heather Jacob said...

welcome aboard .. this is so beautiful .. love the colours and the layers, well done and thanks so much for playing with us .. hugz x

Helen Tilbury said...

Such a very sweet layout! Love the stitching & paper curling...Thanks so much for joining us at Once Upon a Sketch :)

valc said...

fab LO as always Michelle, the paper really looks like fabric. Love the flower....xxx

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Hi Michelle! I love your blog title. Anything in small doses does become invaluable, especially time to scrap!

Lisa said...

Fabulous layout Michelle.. and a love the shabby chic sytle of it.. Great photos to!

Alana said...

Well I love your new found shabby style. The colours of the papers and the natural photos are fab too.

Sandra said...

Oh my word, just gorgeous

phamil said...

I just love those photos! What a sweet page!!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Oh Michelle! How can I ever top those words? Simply flattering and made my morning. You are so so wonderful to say the things you said. It is lovely to receive positive feedback from anyone...thank you so very much and I am glad you found something inspiring to give our challenge a go this time. Or at least happy you found some time to scrap.

I really like the colours and the distressing on your layout/ They give it a shabby look . LOVE the way you created that flower with punched circles. Thats an awesome idea and I will try that :o) The pictures are so cute. FANTASTIC layout Michelle and just so happy to see you at Once Upon A...Sketch.

Take good care and thank you again!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Oh wow!!! I love this so much. I for one adore the 'messy' ruffled edges (but I quite easily embrace the 'distressed' look in my pages - or at least that's what I like to call it!!!). The colours are just FANTASTIC in both the photos and the papers. I love the way you've incorporated just a touch of purple to highlight the paint in the photos.
Great work I say. I hope you join in more often!!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I just love your page ...just a wonderful work !!!!!
Stuning, gorgeus and fantastic ..I really enjoy the colours and the distressing on your layout......I like a lot that flower with punched circles. The pictures are so cute!!!I´m follower now!!!!I love your blog so much.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Bente Fagerberg said...

Such an adorable and whimsy page that goes so well with your 'messy girls'. I just love it.

Kazy1 said...

What a very pretty page! I have recently used these papers too, they are just so lovely! I think your page works really well with all the little details. Karen

pinksparklyscraps said...

This is gorgeous !
I'm a 'distress girl' trying to be 'clean and simple' (not very successfully, looking at my last LO!! lol)so I really love this :)
Karen x

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely fantastic! I love everything you have done here!

Patricia said...

very cute photo... Like this page.

{Ross} said...

Bella, la tua pagina è davvero bella! Mi piace il modo di stropicciare i bordi delle carte e poi tutto è intonato con le bellissime foto! Hai ragione, Nadia è un talento e tutte noi siamo orgogliose di contribuire con il nostro lavoro al suo successo!
Buona fortuna e grazie per aver partecipato!