INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catching up....

I realised that there are a few things that I have not yet shared, LO's and cards and other stuff and rather than put them all in one post, I will put a few up over the next few days.  

\

 This LO is from the Handmade Hannah's Crafts kit, her first kit that I just adored as it had lovely Crate Paper Emma Collection in it.  I have had this photo of my daughter Shannon in my stash for ages, I knew what I wanted to do with it and never found the right LO, so when I saw the carsdstock in the kit I jumped to scrap this picture.  I have not written in the blank section yet, but will do it when I file it away in her scrap books.
 I used the Prima packaging for the matting layer for the photo!  Hate throwing things like that away when you can reuse them.  Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!


Recently I bought a large amount of Melissa Frances paper, and chipboard.  The first thing I made was featured on the Melissa Frances Blog, and the second thing I made is this LO.  The paper is really ornate, very busy and if I had a second page I would have cut the bunting out and decoupaged it, but sadly there was only 1 sheet in the set.  The LO is really simple due to the paper, so I cut it down, matted it on cardstock and used the photo as the main focus.  I chose this photo as this was one I took on the day that my daughter Lea came out of  hospital after having her Nasal Gastric Feeding Tube removed and a Stomach Peg feeding system installed.  This is the first photo of her without tapes and tubes on her face and it means a lot to us.  


The poem on the side seemed fitting for the day and the memories surrounding this photo!

So many nice things have been happening to me recently, seems good karma surrounds and when things are going well I am so appreciative of it.  Last week I was asked if I might help out with some design work, and I am delighted to announce that I will be designing for Handmade Hannah's Crafts.  Such an easy job for me, as I love her kits, love the stuff she buys and getting to use great stash is such a fab job!  Actually, feel kinda guilty as it's such a lovely job to have!  So Thank You Hannah for asking me and for making my day & week & month!

1 comments:

Handmade Hannah said...

Beautiful layouts as always Michelle. I love the bunting and the poem - such lovely touches on the delicate layout. I also love how you have cut out the quilt patches on the Crate Paper layout. Looking forward to seeing what you create with the July Kit now! Thanks for sharing :)