INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Going Manual with two willing models


Call me the rain magnet - all week long, just when I wanted to get some photos taken it rained, again on Sunday when I had some time it kept trying to rain - Yesterday when I dropped girls off to the movies and drove to Howth to take photos it started to thunder with torrential rain so after 3 very dark shots I had to run to the car...

On Sunday however, just between showers, I took these two shots in manual mode. I can feel my brain starting to understand what settings to start at and what might just work, it is a slow process, but I am getting there....




This first image is of my DD, just caught in a lovely moment
1/100 f/6.3 and ISO 400 as it was so dark













This photo is of my DD best friend and my nearly adopted daughter, hope her mum likes this one!
1/100 f/5.8 and ISO 400
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Neenie said...

Great shots, I know what you mean about the rain!

ChristineD said...

What pretty girls, both lovely portraits Michelle

Zena said...

Lovely natural portraits Michelle